Once again, we are looking for a junior developer to work on the scikit-learn. Below is the official job posting. As a personal remark, I would like to stress that this is a unique opportunity to be payed for two years to work on learning and improving the scientific Python toolstack.
INRIA is looking to hire a young graduate on a 2-year position to help with the community-driven development of the open source machine learning in Python library, scikit-learn. The scikit-learn is one of the majormajor machine-learning libraries in Python. It aims to be state-of-the-art on mid-size to large datasets by harnessing the power of the scientific Python toolstack.
Speaking French is not a requirement, as it is an international team.
- Programming skills in Python and C/C++
- Understanding of quality assurance in software development: test-driven programming, version control, technical documentation.
- Some knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Software design skills
- Knowledge of open-source development and community-driven environments
- Good technical English level
- An experience in statistical learning or a mathematical-oriented mindset is a plus
- We can only hire a young-graduate that has received a masters or equivalent degree at most a year ago.
INRIA is the French computer science research institute. It recognized word-wide as one of the leading research institutions and has a strong expertise in machine learning. You will be working in the Parietal team that makes a heavy use of Python for brain imaging analysis.
Parietal is a small research team (around 10 people) with an excellent technical knowledge of scientific and numerical computing in Python as well as a fine understanding of algorithmic issues in machine learning and statistics. Parietal is committed to investing in scikit-learn.
Working at Parietal is a unique opportunity to improve your skills in machine learning and numerical computing in Python. In addition, working full time on the scikit-learn, a very active open-source project, will give you premium experience of open source community management and collaborative project development.
- Technical Contact: Bertand Thirion
- E-mail contact: bertrand dotnospam thirion atnospam inria dotnospam fr
- HR Contact: Marie Domingues
- E-mail Contact: marie dotnospam domingues atnospam inria dotnospam fr
- No telecommuting