In general, we are looking for people who:
- have a mathematical mindset,
- are curious about data (ie like looking at data and understanding it)
- have an affinity for problem-solving tradeoffs
- love high-quality code
- worry about users
- are good scientific Python coders,
- enjoy interacting with a community of developers
We welcome candidates people without all the skills, but are strongly motivated to acquire them. Prior open-source experience is a big plus.
One example of such position with application in Neuroimaging is: http://gael-varoquaux.info/programming/hiring-a-programmer-for-a-brain-imaging-machine-learning-library.html Which was opened a year ago and has now resulted in nilearn: http://nilearn.github.io/
Other positions may be more focused on general machine learning or computing tools such as scikit-learn and joblib, which are reference open-source libraries for data processing in Python.
We are a tightly knit team, with a high degree of programming, data analysis and neuroimaging skills.
Please contact me and Olivier Grisel if you are interested,Go Top