The 3rd European meeting on Python in Science
Paris, Ecole Normale Supérieure, July 8-11 2010
We are happy to announce the 3rd EuroScipy meeting, in Paris, July 2010.
There will be two tutorial tracks at the conference, an introductory one, to bring up to speed with the Python language as a scientific tool, and an advanced track, during which experts of the field will lecture on specific advanced topics such as advanced use of numpy, scientific visualization, software engineering…
Main conference topics
We will be soliciting talks on the follow topics:
- Presentations of scientific tools and libraries using the Python
language, including but not limited to:
- Vector and array manipulation
- Parallel computing
- Scientific visualization
- Scientific data flow and persistence
- Algorithms implemented or exposed in Python
- Web applications and portals for science and engineering
- Reports on the use of Python in scientific achievements or ongoing projects.
- General-purpose Python tools that can be of special interest to the scientific community.
Keynote Speaker: Hans Petter Langtangen
We are excited to welcome Hans Petter Langtangen as our keynote speaker.
- Director of scientific computing and bio-medical research at Simula labs, Oslo
- Author of the famous book Python scripting for computational science http://www.springer.com/math/cse/book/978-3-540-73915-9